This is a super easy recipe for kids. I had started using it when my son first began early intervention for sensory issues. I do it now whenever I want something quick for breakfast or a fun activity I can clean up fairly easy. This is great because there are no eggs so the kids can eat the dough all they want. It also works well with gluten free oatmeal.
This activity is really good for sensory integration
Gross motor/Fine motor
Good for resistance and sensory exploration
• 2 bananas
• 5 packets of instant oatmeal
(I add a ¼ of a teaspoon of vanilla and 2 teaspoons of apple butter but not necessary.)
*You can add raisins, chocolate chips, nuts or sprinkles. Whatever you would like.
• Have kids smash bananas with spoon, add and stir in ingredients
Take a tablespoon and drop onto greased cookie sheet
Preheat oven to 350°
Bake for 10 -15 minutes
• This recipe yields about 12-14 cookies.
• These are easy, fast, and with no eggs, safe to eat raw.
• They are also a very healthy, speedy breakfast on the run.